This is truly a fight for America – past, present, and future. How can you help? We need you! Conservatives, moderates, libertarians, independents, fed-up democrats, undecideds, former Trump haters who have seen the light – every single one of you are important.
The 2018 congressional elections will shape the future. This moment in history will be the determining factor: will we remain a representative republic? Will we keep our Constitution? Our Bill of Rights? Will American history be torn down, statue by statue, monuments, buildings? Will the United States of America ever be united again? This election coming in 2018 is so significant, I can barely put it into words.
We need to give President Trump the congress he needs to get things done. (Thank God, Steve Bannon understands this and he’s up for the challenge.)
Republican congress members who are not on board with the Trump agenda are already falling away. Some on the list below have been lifetime politicians. A good number of them will be circling the swamp drain soon.
But, who we replace them with will make or break this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for smaller government to reign once again. This could be the beginning of a new era that will actually shrink the federal government, as our founding fathers intended.
Here’s the list, subject to change:
- Tim Murphy, a 65-year old congressman from Pennsylvania who admitted he had an affair and suggested an abortion to his mistress will step down for personal reasons.
- Bob Corker, 65-year old Senator from Tennessee said he’s not running. He’s not supportive of Trump’s agenda anyhow.
- Dave Trott, 56-year old congressman from Michigan will not return. There’s danger of losing this seat to a democrat. We need to focus lots of attention on this race.
- Charlie Dent, 57-year old congressman from Pennsylvania is a moderate republican. He’s served seven terms, I think it’s time for him to leave. Good choice, Charlie.
- Dave Reichert, 67-year old congressman from the State of Washington, served seven terms. This seat is vulnerable to a democrat, also – to be watched.
- Jimmy Duncan, 70-year old congressman from Tennessee won’t return; there’s speculation his sister may run for his seat.
- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, 65-year old congresswoman from Florida has served since 1989. She has not been a Trump supporter.
- Lynn Jenkins, 54-year old congresswoman from Kansas, is stepping down. There’s speculation she may run for governor in that state.
- Sam Johnson, 86-year old congressman from Texas since 1991 is retiring.
- Kristi Noem, congresswoman from South Dakota is leaving congress to possibly run for governor of her state.
- Paul Labrador, 49-year old founding member of the House Freedom Caucus is stepping down from his seat in Idaho for a possible run for governor of his state.
- Steve Pearce, 70-year old congressman from New Mexico is stepping down with a possible run for governor of his state.
- Susan Collins, 64-year old Senator from Maine has hemmed and hawed about leaving the Senate to run for governor. She has been against President Trump every inch of the way.
- Jeff Flake, 54-year old congressman Jeff Flake of Arizona has been against President Trump and is vulnerable to a challenge in 2018.
- John McCain, 81-year old Senator from Arizona has been in that seat for 30 years. It’s my guess he will step down due to health issues in the near future.
- Thad Cochrun, 79-year old Senator from Mississippi, has health issues and may not run again. He’s been a senator for 40 years.
- Orin Hatch, 83-year old Senator from Utah, may not run again. That’s a rumor right now.
I have noticed a theme here – long term career politicians stepping aside – never-Trumpers leaving congress. This is all good! Another familiar theme: republicans who anticipate power moving from the federal government to states are deciding to run for gubernatorial races. This is only the republican list – the democratic one might be longer. From what I can determine, Democrats will be defending 23 Senate seats.
Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of their party! If we, as conservatives with a small “c”, can unite – really pull together as a unit – and help some, the right candidates win the above seats, we will be helping President Trump tremendously.
Here’s where your voice makes a difference. Joining together, at this point in history, is most important. Yes, we may have differences, but the bottom line is: conservatives – constitutional conservatives – will keep our Constitution intact – will keep our representative republic intact.
This is truly a fight for America – past, present, and future. How can you help?
Rather than arguing with those who disagree with us – let’s utilize facts and figures – and join together to educate instead of irritate! As the election approaches, there will be pre-made tweets and posts for Facebook that will help to get a united message out.
Let’s leave out the discourse over cultural differences that affect about 3% of the population. Focus on economic issues, tax cuts, repealing Obamacare, sustaining military strength, rolling back the federal government, reducing our debt. Republicans need to come together for the good of this country.
Let’s take this moment to respond in unison – with one strong voice – one strong vote – to make our republic stronger than ever!