Last week in the show on sexual abuse, the reality behind the illusion, we spoke about the experiences and effects of sexual abuse. Many of you asked for more information and help to address this disturbing topic. In this show I discuss more about what is sexual abuse, how can you tell if your child has been abused, how can you help your teen?
- According to Kids Count, Children’s Defense Fund & American SPCC, 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before they turn 18 years old.
- 34 % of people who sexually abuse a child are family members.
- 3% of girls were age 10 or younger at the time of their first rape/victimization, and 30% of girls were between the ages of 11 and 17.
- 96% of people who sexually abuse children are male, and 76.8% of people who sexually abuse children are adults.
- 325,000 children are at risk of becoming victims of commercial child sexual exploitation each year.
- The average age at which girls first become victims of prostitution is 12 to 14 years old, and the average age for boys is 11 to 13 years old.
Get answers to :
- How do I know when my child is being abused ?
- How do I talk to my child ?
- What can I do ?
If your child is being harmed, sexually abused, Intervene and report the abuse, contact the Sexual Assault Hotline 1 800 656 HOPE (4673.
For Telephone or Skype Coaching or if you have questions email me at :