Despite Democrat and legacy media obfuscation, we have all seen the DoJ/FBI/CIA/State Dept cabal exposed for their seditious acts against Candidate and later President Trump over the past 32+ months. The latest revelations come courtesy of the release of senior DoJ official Bruce Ohr’s interview transcripts (“302s”) associated with the Russia investigation, which show that DOJ and the FBI knew that the so-called Russia dossier was fraudulent but was used anyway to obtain illegal FISA warrants on personnel associated with the Trump campaign. Many commentators have exposed their various reasons for committing these crimes, too: careerism, personal gain, ideological alignment, committed activism in advancing socialism, and most of all financial reward (usually under the table as payback for “services rendered”). The bottom line is that they all thought that they’d get away with it!
But what about the other agencies, and how was that corruption green-lighted and managed during the Obama Administration? A World Net Daily article explains (and shocks); read on:
Former Attorney General under Barack Obama, Eric Holder, identified and placed sympathetic ideologues in key departments of the DOJ and FBI. They were also placed in the IRS, the FEC and the IRS. This all combined to form a “Red Team” that would target, isolate and destroy opponents of Obama or his legacy. Reportedly, both Democrats and Republicans were on the list, but the majority was conservative leaders. They mapped out weak targets, then the IRS, SEC or FEC would research them deeply, looking for any mistakes or missteps. Once information was gathered that would spark interest, it was leaked to friendlies in the press, politicians or sympathetic nonprofits, such as the Sunlight Foundation. By doing, so they covered their tracks to avoid the charge of targeting.
Multiple sources in Congress have [reported that] the DOJ would then hijack these administrative agencies’ actions, bringing these investigations “in house” and handling them as felony investigations. The targeted list (enemies list) was developed and fleshed out by the Red Team (or “hit squad”). Once the DOJ took a case, it moved without interference, using broad powers to issue subpoenas and charges in federal criminal indictments. Republicans are treated differently than Democrats.
The weaponizing of federal agencies didn’t just happen, folks; it was a deliberate Obama strategy to use the federal regulatory agencies to attack Obama’s political enemies, i.e., conservative groups, business and individuals, as well as nominal Republicans who were “thorns” in his side and thwarted much of his extremist legislative proposals. Here are some examples of the corruption of federal agencies during the Obama years:
- Who could forget the IRS’s Lois Lerner? She got off the hook because the Obama DoJ and FBI were corrupted and were never going to indict her and the others at IRS for their crimes.
- How about the two DoJ prosecutors who went after Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) for supposedly making false statements in 2008 and were found guilty by a federal judge of hiding exculpatory evidence? Loss of that Stevens seat gave us Obamacare, by the way! Remember, there are NO coincidences in politics!
- Then there is the EPA, which many would argue is possibly the most corrupt federal agency there is. This article just scratches the surface on EPA corruption.
- What about the selective enforcement of campaign finance laws by the FEC. Dinesh D’Souza was JAILED for a $20,000 donation. And yet Obama’s campaign was fined $375,000 for shenanigans associated with 1,300 contributions totaling $1.8M – and NO ONE went to jail!
- How about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Fauxcahontas’s favorite regulatory agency, that has been involved in widespread corruption, falsifying documents to avoid investigations, and discrimination against its own employees.
- Then there was the corruption at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for years leading up to the 2008 crash. All in service of the Deep State, especially the Democrat Party.
- Obama likes to nervously claim these days that nobody in his administration was ever indicted (yet). But there were resignations for corruption, such as his assistant secretary at the Dept of Labor for improperly steering federal contracts to his pals in 2011.
- Who could forget the political corruption associated with the Dept of Energy in the early Obama years? Did anyone ever face legal jeopardy for the Solyndra or any of the other fake projects handed out to Obama’s political allies?
- And this article gives us a window in to how corrupt senior officials in the Obama Administration were paid off for their “service” (political corruption), in this case someone in the Dept of Education. The guy in this article who received over $400,000 in off-books bonuses is certainly not the only one by any means!
Did we cover enough of Obama Administration political corruption across the agencies to determine that perhaps it all was POLICY-DRIVEN and not just “accidental”? There is of course much, much more, but I think you get the idea of how corrupt Obama’s crowd was.
I’m going to cap this article off with a reminder of the COMPLETE political corruption of the DoJ’s Civil Rights Division where all 106 of the supposedly apolitical hires were in fact card-carrying leftist activists. And this was years before we learned about the political corruption of Comey, McCabe, Page, Strzok, and the rest. Imagine how totally corrupted DoJ and the FBI HQ became over Obama’s eight years, and why it is taking so long to get rid of the leftists in those agencies?
In this article, we have learned that Obama implemented a systematic process to place controllable political appointees throughout the federal government. We have also seen reminders of agencies being weaponized against Obama’s political enemies, as well as examples of corruption in a number of federal agencies. What must be done to root out the endemic corruption in the federal government? Here is a starter list of required actions:
- Conduct an independent audit of all federal agencies since 2001 using best accounting practices
- Implement and enhance new federal laws against corruption
- Refocus a significant part of FBI resources on the enforcement of existing federal corruption laws, including federal campaign finance statutes precluding foreign campaign contributions to any/all US political candidates (including through non-profit organizations)
- Strictly monitor and enforce the Hatch Act (prohibits use of federal resources including people for political purposes)
- Beef up whistle-blower laws to catch political actors embedded in the bureaucracy (both financial rewards and personal protections, including against agency retaliation)
- Revise and strengthen statutes governing the inspectors general of the various federal agencies to ensure that they are independent and have full authority to investigate their agencies, as appropriate
- Change federal civil service rules to prohibit the transition of political appointees into the federal bureaucracy
- Use polygraphs and strict and frequent personnel review processes to keep DoJ and the FBI in particular clear of political corruption
- Pass laws precluding federal lobbying by former federal bureaucrats, congressional staff, political appointees, and elected representatives and senators for 10 years after they leave the federal government
- Keep the pressure on your congress-critters to accomplish these and other measures over time
- And vote for constitutional conservatives who will in turn vote to return unconstitutional functions of the federal government (e.g., the “Department of Education”) to the states
There is no time like the present to start the process of rooting out federal corruption. For too long we have allowed federal agencies (the very essence of the “Deep State”) to run rampant and unchecked. Thanks to President Trump, we have learned about incredible corruption in federal agencies, and “Drain the Swamp” has now become a clarion cry across the land. We need to keep that ball rolling in 2020 and beyond because there is a LOT of swamp left to drain!