This past week we realized that our lives are about to change significantly, definitely not for the better, for at least the next two years. Contrary to the desires of half the electorate, a new wave has landed on our shores.
Many of us have been disappointed by the contrary attitudes of family and friends. We look at people we have known all our lives, filled with hostility. But at last, they will have an opportunity to have politics and governance agree with their opinions. And, if you think this is a bad thing, you might want to reconsider the situation. With the presidency, the House of Representatives, and the Senate now firmly in Democrat control, it’s their turn to have it all their way. And they will discover that it’s far easier to criticize and attack than actually to be in charge of the country.
We see other nations going the way of Socialism and collapsing. But, for inexperienced young people, it all still seems like a great plan. Many others have long had a desire for the government to run, if not their lives, everyone else’s. Consider how America has changed in the past couple of decades:
- Somehow, it’s become un-American for the census to count how many legal US citizens are in the United States.
- People who say there is no such thing as gender are demanding a female president.
- Universities that advocate equality discriminate against Asian-Americans in favor of African-Americans.
- Some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, and other people are not held responsible for what they are doing right now.
- Criminals are caught-and-released to hurt more people, but stopping them is bad because it’s a violation of THEIR RIGHTS.
- People who have never owned slaves should pay slavery reparations to people who have never been slaves.
- If a man says he is a woman, you are required to agree with him…or is it her, regardless of their anatomy.
- Irish doctors and German engineers who want to immigrate to the US must go through a rigorous vetting process, but any illiterate with a questionable history who jumps the southern border appears to be welcome.
- Five billion dollars for border security was said to be too expensive, yet we spend a bigger fortune for “free” health care for Illegals. Think about this, if you cheat to get into college, you go to prison, but if you cheat to get into the country, you may get to go to college for free.
- People have died of a Chinese virus, but it is considered racist to refer to it as such even though it began there and spread across the world occurred because the Communist Party of China allowed its infected citizens to fly all over the world even while quarantining Chinese cities to prevent its spread in their country. Regardless, it is no more racist to call it the Chinese Virus than using German Measles or Spanish flu. German, Spanish, and Chinese (and Mexican, for that matter) are nationalities, not races.
- The death penalty for murder is considered wrong, but the unborn may be terminated without a second thought.
We are clearly living in a strange new world where what was once right is now questionable, at best. Things once considered moral can be immoral. Or as Alice said in the classic tale by Lewis Carroll:
“When I used to read fairy tales, I fancied that kind of thing never happened, and now here I am in the middle of one!”
No doubt, many of our readers may be depressed at this turn of events. We are not. America has been trending this way for many decades. The most effective, if painful, way to stop the trend is to engage in a full trial of ideas that many thought would lead this country to less opportunity for all. There is simply no way to end the squabbling and hostility of one half of the country against the other until the entire country sees the actual results of the others’ ideologies. While the past election clearly had questionable results, no one can deny that the nation is split down the middle, with half of us very liberal and the other half less so.
We have been through four years of total polarization due to the left’s daily attacks on the President. Even while doing many excellent things for the country, President Trump brought to a peak the differences that exist among us. While four more years would have accomplished more positive results, it also would have probably deepened the left/right divide.
Many people think that it might be a good thing to alternate government systems every six years. Now, like it or not, we have the opportunity to experience just that. However, the country will get to vote on it again in just two years when both the House of Representatives and the Senate could be flipped back to Republican control. So, the new administration will have two years to prove whether or not it has the ability to govern.
Many of our readers fear that in this time, Joe Biden and his new cabinet will destroy much of the country willed to us by our founding fathers. At the very least, much of what has been implemented in the past four years will be undone:
- They will surely rejoin the Paris Climate Accord and pay another half-trillion of your tax dollars to it.
- They will raise your taxes and inhibit further development of our vast petroleum resources, raising prices at the gas pump.
- As wind and solar power proliferate, your electric bill will skyrocket, and brownouts and even rolling blackouts will become more common.
- They may rejoin the nuclear treaty with Iran providing more money to breathe new life into once-powerful ISIS.
- And, of course, as totalitarian ‘progressives’ often do, they will further limit free speech with the help of Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Amazon.
However, the old saying “what does not kill you will make you stronger” certainly now applies. In the final analysis, those of us who value our great nation outnumber the socialists. Our passion for getting our country back is being displayed with greater exuberance than at any other time in recent decades. We now clearly see how our freedoms are being eroded by mainstream media and their powerful establishment allies in the elite and the deep state.
The trail the United States of America has followed for 245 years to become the greatest free country the world has ever seen will not have been obliterated. The blazes that mark that trail will shine brightly, helping us to guide our way back.