Our mobile phones today are chock full of private information and are constantly tattling about our whereabouts and activities. Most phones today have GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, motion detectors, magnetic field detectors, microphones, cameras, and of course cellular radios. Some even have facial recognition built right in. With all this personal data and telemetry information, is it even possible to prevent tracking and information leakage?
Today we discuss these topics and more with Daniel Davis from DuckDuckGo – a company dedicated to protecting your privacy. He and I discuss DuckDuckGo’s new privacy-focused smartphone app, along with other tips and techniques to guard your privacy on your mobile devices.
Daniel Davis is a Community Manager at DuckDuckGo, the Internet privacy company helping you take control of your personal information online. DuckDuckGo has its roots as the search engine that doesn’t track you, and has expanded to protect you no matter where the Internet takes you.
For Further Insight:
- Website: https://duckduckgo.com
- Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/duckduckgo
- LinkedIn URL: https://www.linkedin.com/company/duck-duck-go
- New DuckDuckGo mobile app: https://duckduckgo.com/app
- DuckDuckGo privacy guides: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/device-privacy-tips/
- Help me to help you! Visit: https://patreon.com/FirewallsDontStopDragons