Diplomatic relations restored, embassies are open, and travel has begun to the island-nation of Cuba. Americans no longer need special permission to visit Cuba so long as they qualify for one of 12 exemptions, including cultural exchanges, education, and family visits.
The Enlightened Entrepreneurs sat down with one man who was far ahead of the curve when it comes to travel to Cuba. He has been providing travel from Europe to Cuba for many years. Now that the travel ban has been lifted from the U.S. – Travel Extraordinaire Ivar Fiskaa is at the front of the line providing tips and know-how to so that Americans can see this Caribbean Paradise firsthand.
Ivar Fiskaa is the owner of Scand-America International and has been hosting people to people group tours to Cuba since 2011. In addition to Cuba, for 20+ years he has been customizing tours for major corporations, organizations, church groups, social and cultural clubs, student groups, entertainment industry groups as well as individuals and families for trips to the United States. Scand-America International ’s headquarters is located in the Tampa Bay area, with associated offices in Norway. Find out more at his travel website www.scandamerica.com.
“For centuries, Cuba’s greatest resource has been its people.”
We start with what we call ‘THE ENLIGHTENED ROUND‘, so that we may get to know Ivar Fiskaa better.
The must read book you must check out is: The Art of the Deal, by
The one website that everyone needs to know about: Ivar says without a doubt it has to be: www.tampa2cuba.com.
Best social media tool for Ivar is Facebook. You can connect with his business by clicking here.
Now on to ‘MAKING YOUR MARK‘, follow along in the podcast using the guide below to chart your own course for success and adventure!
- Are entrepreneurs/leaders born or made?
- Who gave you your first big break?
- Your cardinal rule to becoming a standout entrepreneur/leader?
- Greatest success in your career and how did you celebrate?
- What is your kryptonite?
- How do you deal with difficult people?
- Single best advice you’ve ever been given?
- What advice would you give to someone starting out on their career path?
- What is the single biggest sacrifice in your career?
- If you had 2 minutes to share advice with your 21 year old self, what would you say and why?